Briefing on the youth mobility scheme
The Youth Mobility Scheme is a special feature that falls under the Tier 5 category of the UK Visa and Immigration process. You need to strictly adhere to eligibility conditions provided under the youth mobility scheme.
If you wish to apply for the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa, it is mandatory:
- You will live and work in the UK for a maximum period of 2 years and no more.
- Your age is between 18 and 30 years
- You fulfil all other eligibility conditions
In case you belong to Hong Kong, the Republic of Korea or Taiwan, you should have a legitimate sponsor.
- Once you have the Visa under youth mobility scheme, you are eligible to enter into the UK at any point of time, or leave and then return to the UK in the entire duration of your stay.
- With the Youth Mobility Visa, you are eligible to study, work part time and also show a self-employed status. Under the limited conditions, you can also set up a company.